Featured Post

List of KDramas and Their Grades

To make your next drama selection a little easier, I have sorted all the Korean dramas I've watched into one list, ranked by grade. They...

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

KDrama to Watch: My Princess (2011)

My Princess (2011)  

Grade: A

16 Episodes


Lee Seol is an ordinary adopted girl until Park Hae Young finds her and brings her to his grandfather. Park Dong Jae then reveals that Lee Seol is the great-granddaughter of Korea's last Emperor. The old man wants to reinstate the Korean monarchy and donate all his assets – including Hae Young's inheritance – in those efforts. Lee Seol is surrounded by enemies in the palace, including Hae Young's betrothed, Yoon Joo. (who happened to have a history with Lee Seol's history professor, Nam Jung Woo). Lee Seol has to decide if she wants to pursue the throne or go back to a normal life, all with Hae Young tormenting her and secrets from her past threatening to resurface and destroy her adoptive family. 
 

*A mostly fun drama with a good pace and very attractive main characters. The music seems minimal, either as a stylistic choice or perhaps an afterthought. There are hints of the Anastasia story throughout, making it fun for the viewer, and there is kissing! Top 5*

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so I'm searching your reviews for something fun to watch and I was just wondering where you watched this one, I can't find it on Amazon or Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had watched this one originally on Netflix, but it looks like they've removed it from their current rotation. However, I just checked the website www.viki.com, and they have it! My Korean friend says this website is a lot like Hulu, but for foreign television (meaning there will be commercials unless you purchase the premium service). I hope this helps!

      Delete