Featured Post

List of KDramas and Their Grades

To make your next drama selection a little easier, I have sorted all the Korean dramas I've watched into one list, ranked by grade. They...

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

KDrama to MUST Watch: Dramaworld (2016)

Dramaworld (2016)
Grade: A
10 episodes, about 15 minutes each

Young college student Claire Duncan is obsessed with kdramas, driving her father to distraction when she won't put down her phone even while working in their sandwich shop. He urges her to do something with her life besides watching fictional romance, but one day the fiction finally becomes reality. Will Claire be able to facilitate true love's kiss between her favorite leading man Joon Park and the latest leading lady? What happens when her own feelings start to cloud her judgment and threaten the existence of Dramaworld?

*This show is amazing! It pokes fun at all the typical Kdrama tropes while making it just a little more real for the American girls who love them by making an American girl a key player. It takes the entire Kdrama experience to another level to hear a leading man speaking in my native tongue! Sean Dulake is excellent in his role as the “typical” leading man – handsome, arrogant, yet capable of true love – and I'm surprised I haven't seen him before. The drama moves very quickly (probably because each episode is only about 15 minutes long), but they leave it wide open for another season, which I hope they pursue! The plot of the kdrama itself feels very similar to “Pasta” (2010), and I was surprised at how many familiar faces I saw – cameos from more famous stars as well as just the secondary characters that agreed to do what I would consider a minor project for them. DEFINITELY watching this again!*

No comments:

Post a Comment