Featured Post

List of KDramas and Their Grades

To make your next drama selection a little easier, I have sorted all the Korean dramas I've watched into one list, ranked by grade. They...

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

InFilm to Watch: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi! (2008)

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi! (2008)


Taani Gupta is about to get married, and one of her father's favorite pupils is in attendance, the nerdy-looking and shy Surinder Sahni. The fiance and all his family crash and die on their way to the wedding, giving Taani's father a heart attack. The professor asks Surinder to marry Taani instead, so he can die in peace, and both agree to fulfill his deathbed wish. Taani vows to never love again, so she will never hurt from its loss, but Surinder can't help having feelings for the formerly bright and cheerful Taani. Will entering a local dance competition bring them closer together?

*This was a great show – I love how nerdy they made Surinder's character look, especially compared to his alter ego. The musical numbers were bright and entertaining, and I loved the romance between these two actors (the guy is also in “Swades,” and the girl is in “Band Baaja Baaraat” - both films I enjoyed). The only thing I didn't like is that they NEVER KISSED. I might watch this again.*

No comments:

Post a Comment