Featured Post

List of KDramas and Their Grades

To make your next drama selection a little easier, I have sorted all the Korean dramas I've watched into one list, ranked by grade. They...

Friday, May 2, 2014

KFilm to Miss: Penny Pinchers (2011)

Penny Pinchers (2011)

*UPDATE* Song Joong-ki plays in the film "A Werewolf Boy" and he is adorable! I knew I liked him when I watched this movie :)

Hong-sil is a cheapskate, taking advantage of every situation possible as she lives an extremely frugal lifestyle. Everyone is going to be evicted from their homes and receive a few thousand dollars to relocate, so Hong-sil pays the landlady to kick out her neighbor Ji-woong early and then rent the apartment to her under Hong-sil's father's name, thus receiving another relocation allowance. Ji-woong is basically a deadbeat, but Hong-sil lets him stay outside her flat and teaches him her frugal ways, and eventually the two start to have feelings for each other. She teaches him to respect the monetary value of things, and he teaches her the value of actually enjoying life.

*There were a few F-bombs in the translation, and while Ji-woong's lovable buffoon act is endearing, the movie didn't quite hit home with me. (I might even look up the actor's history because I wouldn't mind watching him again.) There were mostly sad moments as the couple struggled to earn a living. It wasn't bad, but it's not something I'd want to watch again.*

No comments:

Post a Comment